Thursday, August 25, 2016

Storybook Favorites

While looking at all the storybook blogs the three that caught my attention where, The Trickster of OU, Tragically Ever After, and Fairytale Case Files. I picked the last two for the different twist and classic fairytales that I love.
  The design in Fairytale Case Files was my favorite. The theme of the blog is the Grimm fairytales turned into a mystery. There is a detective that is trying to solve the cases of the classic fairytales. The design of the page gave it a very Sherlock Homes feeling. Especially the opening page, having a picture of a man standing centered framed with a dark ally behind him, drew me in.
Dane Lane By Nicky Fernadez Filckr

            Tragically Ever After had a very Elizabeth feel to it. It drew me in by the title, and the subtitles for each story.  The idea behind this one was to see what happened after the “happily ever after.” Most fairytales end happy but this shows us the darker side of the fairytale.  The grey background provides the sense of uncertainty and sets the tone for the stories you are about to read. I really like the idea behind seeing what happens after the Happily ever after. Most people don’t think that fairytale lives continue but this provides an alternative viewpoint.

      The The Trickster at OU grabbed my attentions by the title again. Most of the time I will read anything fable about OU, probably because I go to school there.  The design was very simple but flattering for the theme. It made it feel like it was a school paper website. Sticking with the school colors. I liked the way the introduction was laid out. It was almost like a letter to the audience who was readying the blog. It started in a story then transferred to a letter. It was a very interesting twist.

No comments:

Post a Comment