Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Story: Weekly Party

Every Friday for the past month Henry had thrown a massive party at a different location every time. His excuse was to celebrate being young and a live. The only thing was you had to be invited. These parties were compared to the great Gatsby himself.
    Henry's girlfriend well now ex-girlfriend was invited to every party but she went. Annie would always come up with some excuse, most of the time she had better things to do. But her closet friend Pat begged her to go every week but every week Annie would refuse to go.  Once again another invite come for Annie and Pat. and once again they refused The two of them set up for there annual movie night.
Girls watching tv Gurl
   BUZZ
 Pat's phone lit up. Opening up the message, it was David. "I thought you and Annie would want to know that Kate's decided it would be a  fun to rip up all the photos and art that Annie made for Henry." Pat's face turned red with anger. "what is it." Annie stated. "we have to go to henry's party! Kate, she's destroying everything." Pat began yelling. Annie got off the couch to grab more popcorn. "I'm not going."
"What! But Kate is..."
"I don't care."
Pat paused the movie and walked up to her grabbing her full attention. "ok I know Henry cheated on you but we can't let Kate get away with this. If we just went." Annie slammed the bowl of popcorn on the corner. "i'm not going if you want to go then more power to you." Pat's eyes widened. "wait really? You'll let me take care of it?" Annie's back was still facing Pat. She was trying to hide her tears. "If you go just promise me that as soon as you take care of my art you'll head home. you wont talk to Henry or deal with Kate you'll come home." Taking a deep breath she turned around. Pat was trying to hold a devilish smile. "Now promise me." Pat nodded. " i need to hear it." "I promise. I swear I'll come home after I'm done." Pat grabbed Her keys and headed to the party.
   When she got there, Kate had already managed to tear up all the scrapbooks and was about to start on the paintings. David rushed over trying to stop her. "Kate Tallic Put That Painting Down!" Kate's eye's got wide and slowly placed the painting on the ground. Pat took a quick step towards her and Kate ran for the bedroom. Pat followed her meeting with a slammed door to the face.  She tried ramming the door with her body three time. On the fourth time David grabbed her arm and Pat met David's eyes. "Pat go home, take the canvas and go home. This isn't your fight. It's Annie's." Pat yanked her arm away and picked up the last piece of art that Kate didn't destroy. As she was leaving, the door cracked open and Kate swiftly walked towards her. Pat swung around grabbed a can out of the closet persons hand, threw it at her, and  knocked her in the head.  She began to laugh. David grabbed her arm once more. "leave Pat." Turing around  to head back to the door, she was met with a blow to the gut and something sticky spilled on her. "you should have left when you had the chance."

Authors Notes: I uses the Deeds and death of Patroclus for my story. I changed the characters to women and put it in the modern day. Pat was Patroclus character. I didn't really want to kill this character. I felt like the lesson to learned was don't over step you ground. Because if you do then you might get the lower hand.  

Bibliography: Homer's lliad retold by A. J. Church. link to reading

4 comments:

  1. This was a really interesting take on the Iliad! I like that you went for a more light-hearted, humorous approach! I also chose to read the Iliad this week, and I definitely had a hard time coming up with a way to retell it. It seems to end a little abruptly, but I think that's just because you chose a portion of the story to retell instead of the whole thing. I'd be interested to see what happens to Pat and Annie next!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a great way to mix up a classic story. I like the thought of not killing off a character instead just teaching the character a lesson. I like how you made it a more modern time story, and referenced another classic like Gatsby. I agree with Christine about being interested in what happens to the girls next! I think it would be a great short series!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was a really awesome read. I love the fact that you did not kill anyone off and had them learn lessons instead. You have a really cool way of writing and interpreting stories, so this was fun to read. The ending was really cool to me actually; I like how the story was partial from the entire story itself so you could focus on a certain aspect than the entire thing. Which is something I do in my stories as well. When I see some part of the story that sticks out to me, I use that part rather than trying to incorporate the whole story! Awesome read, can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought this was a really awesome way to go about the Illiad. I read the Illiad for my story back when we were on that unit and its one of my favorites. I enjoyed how you changed the characters around to make it a light hearted and humorous version of the fall of Patroculus. It made it very enjoyable to read while learning the same lesson without death.

    ReplyDelete