Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Reading Notes: Hansel and Grethel

Hansel and Gretel artwork Lesher Art Center


I have always liked this story. When picked it I only new the shorter version of the story. When I write my story this week I plan on changing the story to a modern day setting. Maybe placing it somewhere in the city. I was also thinking of changing it to where the children tricked the step mother and she was lost.  I had also forgot that Hansel tricked the witch with a bone to show her that he was not gaining any weight. I had forgotten most of this tail. I think it was very weird that the women was dead. I'm guessing it was suppose to be the witch they killed in the cottage. I have many different idea to rewrite this story and can't wait to work on it.

Bibliography: Household Tales of the Brothers Grimm Link to source

No comments:

Post a Comment