Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Reading Notes: Russian Fairy Tales Part 2


Russian Fairy tale cover amazon

I can't get enough of the Russian fairy tales. In a way they remind me of ghost stories. These stories have been so different from any unit I have read this semester. I really like the second story I read, The headless princess. I thought this was going to be about how you should not peep on people but it wasn't at all. The princess turned into a crazy witch who tried to kill the youth. I like the description of this story as well. I could really picture what was going on in my head.

I think this week though I am going to do a continuation of the story of the ghost mom from the first part. I feel like I can expand upon the story much better then most of the ones I have read in the second part. If I was going to write a story about the headless princess I may do a prequel of how she became headless. I could make it an old folk tale style story. So that there was reason for the youth to go peeping in the princess's window. I may also add a lesson behind this story. Most fairy tales have some sort of lesson to them.

Bibliography: Ralston Russian Fairy Tales Link to Source

No comments:

Post a Comment