Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Reading Notes:Turkish Part B

Book Cover of Forty Four Turkish Fairy Tales blogspot

The second reading had about six different stories. In most of these stories I felt like the person who did wrong got what they wanted. Such as in the Wizards Pupil, the apprentice left the wizard and did not follow the intrusions. In the end he was granted the princess in the end. I was very confused by the last story Kunterbunt. The whole thing was a riddle and I couldn't figure out what the answer to the riddle was. I was trying to figure out the lesson to be learned in this story but i have a feeling there wasn't one. It was there to be a riddle and make the reader really think when reading this story.
There was a common theme amongst them. It was that everything comes at a price. Whenever you want to get something you must give something in return. We can clearly see this in The Liver. Anytime the maiden would need something someone else would ask for it in return. If I was going to do one of these stories I would probably do The Liver. I would base it off of one of the characters the maiden talks to. Base a short story around them. Or even twist the story and make it be at an amusement park. I think The Wizards Pupil and The Liver where my favorite stories to read this week.

Bibliography: Ignacz Kunos Forty-Four Turkish Fairy Tales Link to text 

No comments:

Post a Comment