Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Reading Notes: Great Plains

Rabbit wikipedia


This week seem to be harder to get through then the others. Choosing the great plans I was expecting more adventure then I read.  There were not a lot of stories that inspired me to write something for Wednesday.  But if I were to change a story I would chose the rabbit and the giant. I may use it from the giants perspective. Almost have it to where we see why the giant stole all the game. The other option I have with this is creating a prequel to the story to show the giants first encounter with the village. This could be an interesting set up. I then would end it when rabbit comes to visit the town.

When reading the Native American stories a lot of them are similar to each other. I have read the one about two animals racing each other, and making a beat on the winner about three other times. I feel like this tale must be very important to the Native people. I don't really understand why. This story does not seem to have a moral. Or anything that would make it a legend.

I would do a story or the race but I did a story last week over the same idea. I feel like this would be to repetitive. The one that would be the most fun would be the rabbit and the giant. There are so many thing I can do with this story. I can't wait to write it.

Bibliography: Judson's Myths and Legends of the Great Plans Link to source

No comments:

Post a Comment