Monday, October 10, 2016

Week 8 Reflection

READINGS 
Through out this semester we have had many choices in what we want to read that week. The way I tend to pick the story I want to read is, if I can relate to it. The other option is if I can learn a lesson from it. I think my favorite reading was the very first two weeks of reading, with Homer's tales. These were very easy to create stories from.  When looking back at my reading notes I feel like this is just an extra step in my writing. I don't feel like it is helping me create my story. Usually when I start reading the story, I already start to think how I would want to change it or base my new story off of the one I'm reading.

When looking a head there are several readings I am excited for! I am really excited for the British unit! I think I am going to read Robin Hood and King Arthur for those assignments. I have always been fascinated in these stories. As well with the last two weeks! I will most likely read the brothers Grimm stories! Fairy Tales are my favorite. This is probably why I have read mostly fairy tales for my readings. 

WRITING
This class has helped me with my storytelling. When reading the stories I have written I have a common theme. Most of my stories are very fast paced with a twisted ending or something that is very dramatic or sudden.  My favorite part of this class though has been my storybook. It's opened new doors to my creative side. I can't wait to take Alice and my readers on a great adventure. 

The biggest thing I need to work on is proof reading. I also am going to have someone else look over my writing. To check for grammatical mistake that I missed when reading it over. I also need to slow done when I am writing. I feel like I tend to speed through what I am writing and this makes my readings confused sometimes.

CONNECTING
When looking at other peoples stories I really like to see how they change the story. Especially if they change the story completely. The detail and the lesson learned from the story, in my opinion, is the most important part of the story.

Giving feed back to stories can be a a little challenging. Especially when a story is really good and I don't really see anything I would want to change. I try to make sure I don't repeat myself when giving feedback on a story. I also try to give my own opinion on these stories.

Finally I am excited to see what the second of the semester brings me. And all the stories I get to write and read. The second half of the semester seems to be less stressful then the first half was.

Motivational words Link to source

  

No comments:

Post a Comment