Thursday, October 20, 2016

Wikipedia Trails: Disney to Sputnik

Cinderella's castle my own photo

I started off with Disney for the set fact that I am currently on my way to Walt Disney World Resort. Reading the 1964 worlds fair caught my attention. This is where Disney shared four separate ideas at would later be found in Disneyland. Link

The World's fair in New York in 1964  was the third major world's fair to be held in New York. This had many inventions from the mid 20th century for America. Which had a very well representation of the space age. This lead me to my next wikipida page.  Link

The Space Age was a time period where several countries where racing to get into outer space. Many activities such as the space race, space exploration, and space technology. That space age is said to have started with Sputnik. Link

Sputnik lead me to my last Wikipedia page. Sputnik was the first earth satellite to be launch into outer space. Allowing the Soviet Union to be the first country to launch something into outer space. This launched the space race. After this even several countries where launching things into outer space. This was a big part of the Cold War.  Link

So my trail wasn't as strange this time but I did learn a lot of new information! Starting off with Disney and ending with Sputnik! I can't wait to see where my Wikipedia trail will lead next week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment