Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Story:The Rabbit and The Giant

Rabbit Grit


There once was a village that had several happy animals. Each one would share everything with on other. They all live in peace and harmony. It was all thank Rabbit. He made sure that everything was fair and the peace was always kept. Over the years Rabbit gotten married and had started a family. He wanted to pass the responsibility but he couldn't find anyone suitable for.

One day a giant came to the village. All of the village were scared and ran to find Rabbit. Rabbit Finally heard the news went to greet the giant with open arms. "Hello friend. What can I do for you on this fine day." Rabbit said. The giant looked around, " I was looking for a new home and I heard this was a peaceful village." When the giant spoke his voice rumbled the earth.

Rabbit looked around and thought this would be a great opportunity to slowly give away the responsibility of leader to the giant. "Of course you can stay ere. There is something I must ask though."  Rabbit said. Giant shook his head up and down. "You must keep the peace. Also make sure you share with everyone and everyone shares with you." Rabbit said. The Giant agreed to the terms. He set up a house for him.

For months everyone loved the Giant. He proved protection from invaders.  After a while Rabbit was ready to pass the responsibility to the giant. He rushed to Giant's house. "Hello friend. How can I help you?" Giant asked. "Hello friend. I was wondering if you would like to become head leader. you would keep the peace and make sure everyone shared with everyone." Rabbit said.  Giant looked shocked. "But Rabbit why would you give this to me. your the best leader!" Rabbit felt so humble, "Well thank you friend," Rabbit said, "But it is  my time and spend some time with the family." Giant smiled and accepted the role. Rabbit moved his family away from the village to his own land far away.

For a while the peace in the village was kept until winter came. When food started to slow down the giant was getting hungrier and hungrier each day. He finally implemented a rule, that any food caught was to be given to him directly. The village began to starve. Rabbit had heard rumors that his old village was starving. He set out the next day to see if these rumors were true.

Author's Notes: I chose the story How the Rabbit killed the Giant. I felt like there need to be more of  a backstory. So I wrote a prequel to this story showing how the giant came to be in the village in the first place. Also for the reason why the villagers stayed and didn't leave when the giant started stealing all there food.

Bibliography: Judson's How the Rabbit killed the Giant Link to Source

3 comments:

  1. Hey Melanie,

    I really enjoyed reading your story this week. I thought it was a good idea for you to put a sort of back story on yours to help us understand why the rabbit and giant had to fight. I tend to do that on a lot of my stories. Anyswas I really liked it, keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melanie,

    This story has a lot of typos in it. You are also not consistent with your use of proper nouns. I think you did a good job creating the purpose of your story, I was not quite sure about the abrupt ending of your story till I read your note. It made me excited to read the original.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven’t read the story that this gives a background to, so I appreciated the shout out in the author’s note. That being said, I’m glad that you gave a backstory! I always greatly prefer it when the person being killed is guilty (obviously). I also enjoy the fact that a rabbit is just really different from a giant. If you were thinking of using this for a portfolio or anything like that, there were some typos that it may be good to go back and find.

    ReplyDelete