Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Story:Jealous is an ugly color



Long ago there was a tiger who took a fox in to her care to have as a playmate for her cub. These two were the closet friends! They did everything together. They had come up with thousands of different games.

One day when the two were in the cave playing the mother tiger brought back a calf for the two to have another play mate. The fox new the reasoning the mother tiger brought back this calf, it was because mother tiger didn't really like the fox. Over time the fox became very jealous of the tiger's and the calf's friendship.
Tiger and The Calf Stories for Children

One day mother tiger was dying. On her death bed she called over the calf and tiger cub, she told them to hold on the their friendship and to never let anything break it. She only had a couple of breaths left and called the fox over. She said, "look over you brothers, you must it be jealous of there friendship, for it will be the end of you." With this the mother tiger took her last breath.

This made the fox very anger for in his heart he new the other two didn't like him. as the days went on his jealousy grew stronger. He new the only way to get rid of this jealousy was to get rid of the calf so his friendship with the tiger could go back to normal. So one day when the tiger was out hunting he saw the calf bouncing around. "hey you know you should watch your self." The fox said. the calf looked every confused. "What are you talking about?" The fox look at the mouth of the cave to make sure the coast was clear. "Haven't you seen how the tiger has looked at you recently?"

The calf laughed, "What do you mean he hasn't looked at me any differently then the day we met." "oh but he has my dear friend. I don't want you to get hurt. He's been planning on having you as a meal some time soon. I would stay awake tonight while he stays awake." the fox said warningly.
The calf now frighten never took his eyes off the tiger when he returned. That night he stayed awake the whole night.  "Calf why don't you sleep I will be here to protect you." the smiled and turned away pretending to sleep. Once morning came the calf was so tired from a restless night. When the calf got up the tiger feel asleep knowing that it was safe for him to sleep during the day.

With a nod the calf left the cave unprotected, "Fox, my good friend, I hope to see you again some day. I am leaving for my own protecting." The calf said. The fox nodded and smiled. It was about mid day when the tiger awoke. "Fox, where is our good friend calf." The fox stretch and with a yawn he said, "Oh calf left this morning while you were a sleep. he didn't want our friendship no more." tiger jumped up and ran out the cave looking for calf with the fox right behind him.

"Tiger we don't need to look for him he doesn't want our friendship." They walked over a hill and the calf was surrounded by a pack of wolves. "Help help." The calf screamed.  "No one can hear you, you're wasting your last breath." The alpha wolf said.  Right before the wolf pounced on the calf the tiger and the fox jumped in to protect him. scaring all the wolves away. The three ran back to the cave. "Why did you leave us Calf. Why don't you want our friendship?" the tiger said. The calf sighed, "Fox told me that you were going to eat me, so for my own safety I left. I still want your friendship."

Both the calf and the tiger looked at the Fox with confused eyes. "Im sorry I didn't want you to die, I just wanted it to be like how it use to be when tiger and I were only friends. I let jealousy take over." They accepted his apology in payment he had to hunt for the three of them for a year. They all protected each other and remain close friends for the rest of there days.


Author's notes: This is based on the story called "How the Fox feel Victim to his own Deceit." I kept the beginning the same. I added dialog and changed the ending to a more happy ending for all the characters. I liked this more then having the Fox die.

Bibilography: How the Fox Fell Victim to his Own Deceit by Albert Shelton Link to source

1 comment:

  1. Hi Melanie, it was a very nice story and I enjoyed reading it. I really liked how you were able to keep it mysterious and also put in some drama. You did a very good creative job. However, it was nice not killing the Fox at the end and making it a happy ending. Thank you for sharing and I look forward to your future posts.

    ReplyDelete